Monday, October 19, 2009

USDDN Finals

The weekend before last we drove up to Cartersville, GA for USDDN finals. Tali was qualified with Jack in freestyle and in D&A with me. Ruckus was qualified in D&A with Jack. Groovy and Mickie came along for the ride and Jam stayed home with grandma for the first time.

The run down...

Tali and Jack finished the National Freestyle finals in 16th place out of 44 teams (the cut was at 15). We were pretty disappointed they didn't make the cut but oh well they did awesome regardless! Well the next morning we found out one dog had to withdraw due to illness (last I heard the dog was going to be fine) and so Jack and Tali made it into the finals. Another person dropped out after that and two more teams made it in so there were 16 teams competing in the international finals. Tali didn't have as strong of day on Sunday for the international finals but still managed to come in 14th place. Not bad for her!

Tali and I competed in the national D&A finals. I had no hopes or dreams of making the cut to the international finals - just was proud to have qualified and wanted to go out there and do my best. Well I met that goal for sure with a 15 in round 1 and an 18 in round 2! That put us 23rd out of 37 teams! I was very happy with that! Tali was awesome and caught everything I threw!

Ruckus and Jack had an awesome weekend. They came in 5th in National Toss N Fetch finals and 8th in International TNF Finals. Not bad for a 9.5 year old dog that is a good 3-5" shorter than most of the dogs competing in that division! :) Red Dogs Rule!

Groovy had a good time on Saturday when we tried our hand at duck herding! They had a little instinct test set up at the event. Groovy did great!

Below are links to videos from the weekend... enjoy!

Tali and Jack - National Finals Freestyle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4C8pqnhFmg

Jack and Ruckus - International Finals Toss N Fetch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Wct2HzhiI

Groovy herding ducks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dNZOVEtdb0

2 comments:

  1. I still can't believe Jack did his rounds to Pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catchy isn't it? :)

    Of course with my limited knowledge of "modern day music" all I know is it's an Ozzy song mixed with some current music. I thought it was Ozzy and Kelly Clarkson - didn't even know there was a 3rd person in there. They'd have to have been from the 80's or 90's for me to know otherwise! LOL

    ReplyDelete