Wednesday, October 7, 2009

From USDAA to USDDN

The dog world sure is full of acronyms... let's see how many I can fit in.

Last weekend I took my ASCA/AKC aussie to a USDAA agility trial to work on her AD and a Q for the DAM team "TRD" - we earned several Q's and a couple of NQ's. This weekend I am taking my ASCA/AKC aussie and my non ASCA/AKC aussie to USDDN in GA to compete in disc dog events that they Q'd for at previous USDDN events.

Or in English...

Tali and I had a great time at the agility trial last weekend where she did very well and did a good job of helping earn a qualifying score for her team "Tuff Red Dogs". She did not earn any qualifications for her Agility Dog title however but the team classes were more difficult than the regular classes so it's great she could run the harder courses clean.

This weekend coming up Tali, Ruckus, Jack and I will be competing at a disc dog finals event in Georgia. We all had to qualify at previous events in order to compete this weekend so it's kinda cool that I get to compete too!

In Groovy news... we have most definitely hit a full fledged fear period again so we are doing our best to work our way through it. She didn't do too bad at the trial on Saturday but was totally overwhelmed at the trial on Sunday. Hopefully the road trip this weekend won't be too much for her but I feel safer having her with me knowing what she is experiencing than leaving her home not knowing what she is experiencing. We shall see how it goes... maybe I'll get lucky and this will only be a 2 week fear period and she'll be over it by Friday?!? :) I'm not holding my breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment