Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Names...

It's fun to think of puppy/dog names but can get tiring too.  Of course if I wouldn't obsess about it before I meet her it'd probably be better but that's the problem - dog names is something I think about sometimes even when I'm not getting a dog!  LOL  Last night I wrote down all the ones I liked and then had Jack tell me which ones he definitely did not like.  That left us with 12 or so.  Here's the list in no particular order... and some pros/cons/extra info about each.

Cricket - I LOVE the name - Jack just likes it.  A con is that Groovy has a littermate named Cricket but that doesn't really bother me.  Another Con is that is sort of sounds like Mickie - I'd think she'd get used to it though since it isn't Crickie but Cricket.  Registered name would be something related to Jiminy Cricket I think.  "Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide" or something.

Penny - Jack and I both like this name - neither of us love it.  It's not unique or super cool or anything but we still like it.  Registered name would be something to do with "Lucky Penny", "Find a Penny", etc.

Chili - Jack really likes this name - I'm OK with this name.  Don't have any ideas on registered names and such.  The name was inspired by the fact that she's from Texas.

Gidget - we both like this name.  Registered name would be Little Surfer Girl or something like that and as such ties into our island thing Jack and I have going on.

Ting - we both like this one too and it's actually been on the list since Jam's list.  Ting is a pineapple soda we drink when we are in the islands.  Also folks down there say "thing" as "ting" so to say everything is great is everyting is great.

Jelly - goes with Jam!  :)

Bunny - is just darn cute.

Grits - "Girl Raised In The South" cause she was...

Love Bug or June Bug - cause they are cute to say

Dandy - from the movie Tombstone "You're a dandy if you do".  It means a fine or good thing.

As you can see by the length of explanation some of these have had more thought put into them than others... but they are all on the approved list.  I also LOVE the name Friday but Jack doesn't care for it.  I think my next dog that's mine alone will be Friday - even if she isn't born on a Friday (Fern was born on a Friday and we are meeting her on a Friday).

We'll see... we have to meet her to know for sure but we certainly have plenty to go on!  :o)

I leave you with a pic of "Fern" taken while at school with Terri the other day.  She comes with an off switch too!

5 comments:

  1. Are you getting Fern? She is very pretty! I think she looks like a Chili! That's a great name!!! I love naming dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah.... I like ting and Chili! Both very good names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jack is a trip - now he says he likes Tang better than Ting. You know... Tang like the orange drink. Used on early space missions I told him if he came up with a good registered name I'd consider it. He hasn't yet... he's trying to connect it to the space program at the moment. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tang is not bad either. Not my favorite though. It does have a nice zip to it! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete