Thursday, August 19, 2010

Book update...

Since my last book update I have finished listening to Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson.  Loved it!  Highly recommend it.  Bev is listening to it now even though she hasn't listened to gods in Alabama yet which has connecting characters.  I'm interested to hear how that changes ones perspective.  I keep trying to come up with my favorite Joshilyn Jackson book but really I love them all.  The best I can do is say that The Girl Who Stopped Swimming is my 3rd favorite and the other 3 flip flop for 1st and 2nd place depending on what part of the book I'm thinking of at the time.

I also just finished a book called Belong To Me by Marisa de los Santos.  Belong to Me on Amazon  I enjoyed the book.  It wasn't Joshilyn Jackson good but it was still very good.  Funny thing is when I was almost done with the book I happened to notice the quote on the back of the book.  It was a quote by Joshilyn Jackson about how much she enjoyed the book.  WEIRD but neat!  I picked it up on sale and thought it sounded like it might be good but never noticed the quote till I was almost done!  Belong to Me is mostly a story about friendships with some family drama thrown in.  I give it a 3 paws up (out of 4 paws of course!).

I am just about to finish up a book by Sandra Brown called Bittersweet Rain.  I don't believe I had ever listened to Sandra Brown but I'm not sure.  The book is good - definitely kept my interest.  It has a lot of um... "romantic scenes" in it.  Sometimes I had to laugh at the many ways to describe various body parts in various states of "romance".  I'll just leave it at that.  Nothing wrong with diving into a "trashy romance novel" now and then.  Not that it was trashy per say but you know what I mean.

Picked up 3 more books today on sale... this is becoming an addiction...  :)  At least I can sell them back once they make all the rounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment