Friday, July 30, 2010

New subject - non dog related

Lately I've been going through audio books like there is no tomorrow.  I enjoy each and every one of them - some more than others of course - but they are becoming a blur in my mind as a result.  I've been listening to audio books on and off for probably 5 or 6 years now and I definitely can not recall all that I've listened to.  I started thinking I need to make a list but I know myself well enough to know that I won't remember to keep up with said list.  So, what to do? 

Last night I had checked out my new favorite author's website (which is odd in and of itself as I don't often have favorite authors much less look them up) and then landed on her blog and then ended up on another blog about what books various authors were reading of which she was one.  I started thinking that maybe I should write a little something on my blog about each of the books I listen to.  That maybe if I did it here I'd keep up with it a little better - maybe.  This would serve 3 purposes.  1) It would help me keep track of what I have been listening to.  2)  It will let my friends Bev and Sal know what books I have and they can let me know which ones they definitely want to borrow (though I know the answer for Bev is "all" cause she, like me, will listen to most anything to help the long commute go by faster.  3) For everyone else besides those two who are bored enough to read my blog it may at times let them know about a good book out there.  This DOES NOT mean I'll always be writing full fledged reviews... I know there is no way that is going to happen but I'm sure I'm likely to say a little something about the better ones I listen to - maybe!  And if I don't, well #3 is less important than #1 and #2 anyway!  :)

I think I'll write a separate post about the books I've been reading lately so I'll be able to tell at a glance what book(s) I'm talking about... more to come...

2 comments:

  1. looking forward to it... even though I'm auditorily defunct I'm always interested in good books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, now I'll really have to keep up with your blog! I also have a long commute, but satellite radio is a good second to audio books -- I often switch to the book during commercials...and forget to go back!

    ReplyDelete