Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jam's "big" day

Tomorrow is a big day for Jam... she'll hate every minute of it though since she is getting spayed and her hips xrayed. Why is she getting spayed at the same time she is getting her hips done? Because while she is an excellent pet and companion and is absolutely adorable she just does not have the focus and drive to be what I consider breed quality. Maybe someday she will but even so - do I really want a pup from her and have to wait 3-4 years for the focus and drive to kick in? Nope... I don't. I bet she would have made a great mom - she's doing a bang up job of being a big sister to Groovy. I've known for a long while though that I wasn't going to breed her so that part of it isn't going to be hard on me tomorrow. The hard part for me will be the anticipation that 1) everything goes safely and 2) to see what her hips look like. So say a little prayer for Jam Jam that all is well tomorrow... we love that little red headed airhead!


A pic of Jam in one of those moments of focus and drive! Maybe someday she can sustain these moments for more than 30 seconds at a time! :)

3 comments:

  1. Now THAT is a great picture of Jam! When did you take that? I love the lighting across her chest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in March... it was posted on FB and maybe Picasa. I like it too - it's my "I wish Jam was like this always" pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Facebook - so unreliable for me! Picasa, I should have seen it, don't know how I missed it.

    ReplyDelete