Saturday, August 29, 2009

CPE Night trial - Tali and Groovy news

Last night we (Tali, Groovy and I) went to a CPE night trial at Pasco Paws in Zephyrhills. We had a lot of fun even though we didn't get home until 3am in the morning! SOOOO glad we aren't entered tonight.

Tali had a good night - Groovy did too but more on that later. She was very focused and as the evening cooled off her speed increased. She's such a good girl now! We NQ'd our first run which was Gamblers. She came out of the tunnel and crossed behind me which made me almost step on her which made the whistle blow before I was ready which put me way to close to her at the gamble line too soon. Oh well...
Next was Wildcard. She did awesome and we Q'd and got 2nd!
Standard followed and we had a beautiful run with nice weaves. I screwed up and forgot to front cross in the beginning which caused a bobble but we stayed on course however the next to last obstacle was the teeter and Tali flew right off of it despite me gearing down and telling her "Easy" because I could see she was going too fast. My fault for never training a solid "you stay on it until it goes down" teeter. It's her first fly off in a long time though so no big deal in the overall picture of things.
Next was colors - another beautiful run with a Q and a 1st place!
The last run was snooker. Not sure why snooker at 2am is a good idea but it always seems to come last on these night trials. I tried something I've never tried before and that was 3 - 7's in the opening and the 7's were weaves! (6 poles) Tali didn't get a good entry on the first set but nailed the other two and the weaves in the closing. It was a lot of fun and we Q'd and got 1st!
As for Miss Groovy Girl - she did awesome! This is the "same trial" that all of Groovy's fear issues started. That was 9 or 10 weeks ago. What a difference some time makes. Last night she got out of the car happy and bouncy. She greeted everyone with wiggles and affection - men included. It was like a whole new dog! At the end of the evening I even pulled out Kelli's wobble board and ladder and she was tugging like a maniac on the wobble board and did good work on the ladder. I've got my fingers crossed that this Groovy is more of the "real" Groovy because I sure do like her! :) There were a lot of aussie people there and she was a hit. I got to see her brother Seven. He is much bigger than her though we never had them side by side to see an up close comparison. Overall it was a great night for all 3 of us! Next trial isn't until the first weekend of October but disc season is starting in mid September! Woo hoo!



Groovy at 10 weeks

Groovy 2 weeks ago at 19 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment