Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Comings and goings

Ziggy, Jack and I headed down to Bayfront Park in Sarasota this past Saturday to meet up with our friends Liz, Maggie and Heidi and Ziggy's brothers Peak and Graehm.  What a really nice park.  Lots of people, dogs, nice views, etc.  It was a great experience for the dogs.  We walked around a bit, let the boys play at the beach, had dinner at the tiki bar/restaurant and then took a short drive to St. Armands Circle for some icecream.  The boys did great - especially at the over crowded St. Armands Circle!  Ziggy gets in trouble with the other puppy owners cause 1) he attracts the most attention due to his coloring and 2) he's the most outgoing so thus keeps the attention.  Ziggy apologizes in advance for his handsomeness and outgoing nature!  I suspect we won't be invited along for every future outing!  LOL

Ziggy, Graehm and Peak at the beach in Sarasota

Sunday my sister's family came over to meet Ziggy.  This is only the 2nd time he's met people AT my house (other than my parents).  He did awesome.  Ran right up to them and snuggled up to them.  My brother in law is a big guy so this was extra cool.  My nephews are in their early 20's.  On another good note Spice who is often standoffish in the house with strangers warmed up to them all quite quickly and was vying with Ziggy for attention from them.  This is the 2nd time I've seen this happen (her vying for attention) and I think it's safe to say that maybe Ziggy is a good influence on Spice!

Speaking of Spice she got her first agility title in the mail the other day!  Not a big deal really because it was CPE level 1 and that is a SUPER easy title to get BUT it was still her first so we had to take a picture!

Sunday night I took Ziggy over to my mom's to meet my brother and his kids.  This is the 2nd time Ziggy has met someone new at my mom's house.  Both times he's been a bit standoffish which is very unlike him.  Normally he treats all strangers as his best friend.  This doesn't freak me out or worry me but I do find it odd and I'm definitely curious as to why that is.  In the end he was OK with my brother and his kids (ages 8 and 10) and as seen below was taking treats from them and gave Nathaniel (10) some lovin'  before we left.  Just an odd observation is all.  

I can't recall if I've mentioned our visitor that we have for 3 weeks.  We are dog sitting my friend Allison's dog Kicker.  Spice does NOT like her but seems to be coming around.  Ziggy LOVES her but Kick isn't too sure she wants to spend a lot of time with a 4 month old puppy!  She's starting to like Ziggy more though.  Jack said they were playing together last night while Spice and I were at agility class.  They make a cute almost matching set!

And last but not least Ziggy had his first puppy class this week!  It's a puppy class/puppy agility foundation class rolled into one.  His brothers Moses and Peak are in it too.  This week it was raining and our instructor Bonnie decided to have class anyway but to have it inside.  It was quite chaotic at first and fitting 8 pups and their owners in Bonnie's living room was quite the squeeze.  I was very pleased with how Ziggy handled it.  He was SUPER focused on me.  He was friendly with the other puppies too though he did have a little melt down and go off on Peak at the end of class when Peak climbed on his back while Ziggy was getting treats from me.  Kind of upsetting but really he spent an hour getting treats from me while he had a dog on each side within 1-2 feet getting treats from their owners and was fine.  One was Peak - the other was a new aussie pup he hadn't met before.  His focus only got better as class went on so I suspect his puppy brain was fried and considering I know he has a tendency to resource guard good stuff he did pretty darn good.  I'm looking forward to next class where we'll be outside and the pups will get to play with one another and then have more space when the "work" begins.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment