Monday, July 30, 2012

It!



If it wasn't a totally stupid registered name I'd name Ziggy after this song... "Maximum's It" is somewhat lacking however!  :)

My favorite lyrics from probably any Ziggy Marley song are from this song linked above...

"I hear you wanna try to find it do you know what it is
I hear you gone looking for what you want hope you find what you need
I hear you gonna try and find it do you know what it is
I hear you gone looking for what you want hope you find what you need"

So far Ziggy is everything I need.  I didn't go looking for the most outgoing puppy in the litter, I didn't go looking for the flashy blue merle - I came away with both and I have to say - I'm loving it!

This past Sunday Ziggy, Spice and I headed to Bradenton to participate in some agility run thrus to benefit an agility pug about to undergo radiation.  Spice needs the experience in other places and I figured it would be a good "entry level" exposure to an agility trial environment.  I was right on both counts!  Spice was spacey at the beginning of her run but pulled it together nicely by the end.  And the environment was very much like a trial.  Very crowded.  Ziggy did awesome!  Greeted everyone with enthusiasm, got his belly rubbed by a teenage girl, met a variety of different breed dogs from PWDs to a little Staffy who he really liked.  

After the run thrus we went over to my friend Liz's house.  Liz has Ziggy's brother Peak (used to be Coal).  We let the boys play at the house, we ate lunch and then we headed to Desoto National Memorial Park.  I've lived in the Tampa Bay area my whole life and I don't believe I've ever been to that park.  Cool place.  Nice historical experience combined with a mostly shaded walk through the mangroves that ends in a very calm beach.  Dogs are allowed but have to be kept on leash.  

Peak, Ziggy, Liz, Maggie and I set off.  The boys got to meet a lot of people along the trail.  Ziggy was the Wal-mart greeter of the group.  He loved everyone he met adults and kids!  He also was sporting his new reggae collar!  :)  This was his 2nd trip to the beach.  The first time he didn't get in the water at all but that was on the east coast and the waves were frequent and noisy.  At this beach however there were hardly any waves at all and the few that came along were quite small.  Peak had been swimming here before and dove right in so to speak.  Ziggy hung out in the shallows not going past his elbows for quite a while and then just as I was going to video Peak heading out to swim around Liz for the 10th time Ziggy started swimming too so yay me for getting it on video!  


One "cool" thing that happened was at the end of our walk we were resting by the interpretive center and the park ranger came up.  Full uniform including hat and sunglasses.  Ziggy greeted the park ranger with glee and when her hat fell off and landed on top of him and then on the ground Ziggy didn't bat an eye.  Good boy!  A couple of pics of the Wal-mart greeter...

My cute boy!

Peak and Ziggy

Ziggy and a new friend

Ziggy loves Maggie!

Ziggy and another new friend

3 comments:

  1. How about Maximum's Find It? or Maximum's What You Need?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I'll keep those in mind.. especially the 2nd one I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second is the one I'd pick.

    ReplyDelete