Friday, June 4, 2010

CPE Nationals

June 25-27th Tali and I attended CPE Agility Nationals in Kissimmee, FL.  We had a fun time hanging out with some agility friends during and after the event!  I don't attend agility trials that require an overnight stay all that often.  There really is no reason to since there is so much local agility and we travel for disc dogging quite a bit.  This competition was drivable but our friend Andrea offered to share her room for the weekend and Tali and I took her up on it!  That was really nice to only have to drive 10 minutes to the event and back.  Razzy (Andrea's BC) wasn't thrilled to share her space with Tali but Finnegan (her Papillon) was very happy to hang with us.  He's such a cutie... I definitely have to get a Pap someday!

As for the actual agility portion of the weekend... we had a lot of fun and did quite well! 7 out of 9 Q's and 1 placement in standard!  Tali ran very well in that environment and she and I had a fun time just hanging out with each other - no other siblings attempting to steal time away!

The event was really well organized.  We got a GREAT goodie bag when we arrived - LOTS of good treats and some toys.  Shopping the vendors was a lot of fun too!

Overall I give the weekend a big thumbs up!  I doubt I'll go again next year - I believe it'll be somewhere WAY up north but I'm glad we got to go this year!

This is a picture of Tali during one of the down times at nationals - like I said - she was quite happy there!  We'll be attending DACOF at the same location at the end of June - I'm looking forward to that quite a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment